Thursday, December 15, 2011

Perceiver in Training


If we all had to wear
Signs of truth

The lady in four-inch heels
And the flowered dress
Getting dancing lessons
At the gym
Too intense to watch
While I get
A Forty-year old
Allman Brothers Song
Through my headphones
On Pandora
I think…
Her sign might read
“Starting over” or
“Crying inside”

The young muscle man
With the shirt reading
“Your swagger sucks”
I don’t want to start
Down that hall of mirrors
With Greg Allman singing
“I’ve gone by the point of caring”
The young man’s sign is
Messed up

A picture of a mother
And Baby
With the same expression
“Life perfected”
I can’t allow myself
To think with the eyes
Of someone
Seeing the photo
A hundred years
From now

My sign says
I’m just a perceiver
In training

No comments:

Post a Comment