Saturday, June 26, 2010

Economy of One

Consider the company of 10,000
Not that many Merchant Maniacs
Or ten times Amos’ Oceans
But real live peeps

Each one with an agenda
Not for meetings, that too maybe
But for a life
For a future of finds

The hand may be invisible
Guiding fortunes and ships
But I see two hands here
And all they touch I feel

You may be too weird for my taste
Blowing yourself up to get revenge
Or thinking of me as frozen parts
To snack on later

No matter any of that
You have us all in you
So many cells like ours
So curious when you look

Ask any of the many
Why they work so hard
You will conclude with me
We are an economy of one

From the leader we hear
Of nations and money to make
I’m not trying to hear that
My Jones is the Jones I know

The only exception at all
Might be in matters of the heart
For the time you are reading this
We can be a universe of two

No comments:

Post a Comment