Saturday, June 26, 2010

Walking Mom's Dog

The dog is little even for a dog
Too light
Intensity in fur
Absorber of fears
Reflector of purpose
I take the leash
My brother follows
We leave the warm apartment
Behind our mom’s current baby
Outside…
Squats, hikes and scratches
We joke
Too human for such instinct
My brother chuckles behind me
His eyes on my movement
Remembering decades, I bet
Of being together and then not
Of hard times dreaming
Of someday having enough
For endless Ale-8s and bags of cashews

One short late fall day we have together
Out with our canine sibling
Mom’s current recipient of
Coo coos and there theres

He laughs too loud at anything I say
Any way I turn
That’s how brothers say I love you

More than two men
And a tiny friend
We both knew
You just do

No comments:

Post a Comment