Saturday, June 26, 2010

I'll Run For Joy

Before we all head for the kiss-proof world
A few things need saying

I have loved me some late nights
And mornings with friends

Does anything else but such love
Last forever?

I have run for those who could not
Mary Nelle crumpled in a car near Lexington, TN

My father in the hospital in Lexington, KY
Margrethe off a Nebraska roof

Terry Fox ran with one leg
I struggle with two

Bannister: the human spirit is indomitable
Me: time is the runner behind us

Joy: named by a prophet, and although pain follows Joy
Remember please: The greatest Joy follows pain

You smile and teach us more
Joy ten, Sadness four

You can be the breeze at my back
You can be the wind this time

The kiss-proof world will wait
We’ll huddle just this side the gate

And as eager friends linger
Till the sun breaks through

Then with the light another chance
And this time, I’ll run for Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment