Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ole What's her Name

Bath and Body Works has everything on her
as beguiling as Delilah to a long-haired boy in denim blue…
Blue-suede shoes are no way to kill roaches behind jail-house rocks
Hand me down my walking shoes, yeah
Now that’s all right mama

Wherefore art thou prime minister of defense?
I’m in charge, here and I say
We get to the nub of the matter.
The lexis of the question,
nexus in nature

The word on the street is that connections are where it’s at
To what end? Why, in other words
Why connections?
If they are not enough in their own right
Let’s think of a reason better than money, whaddya say?

I had this thought the other day
But I mislaid it
The reason is out there in a Chris Carter sort of way
A wise man once said the most important thing we can ever
Have is a task…one we can almost do…

We keep on truckin don’t we?
Out here as we are, in the same rain
I tell you what we do
I’m the man with the plan
Meet me in the morning 56 and Wabishaw

We’ll head out toward the sun
And by the time we’re done looking
You will have figured it out and I’ll be there to
Help you celebrate…
But what shall we call what we are after?

I’ll never forget ole what’s her name.

No comments:

Post a Comment