Saturday, June 26, 2010

Satisfaction

If Mick Jagger can’t get any
What hope is there for me?
Hygienes bring it
Motivators make it stay
Its gravity influences even altruism

The road to satisfaction twists and turns
A straight line will not get you there
Like a city on a hill
we see it in the distance
but the path there winds
through valleys around hills
the lights go in
and out of view

Moses did not get to the promised land
after all his sacrificial leadership
He only got a peek
This manmade account of fate
Reminds us there are no shortcuts
Smiting rocks might only make it worse

Say you do…
get some that is
You only want more
and different
I wanted soft, blue, grainy
There I have it
Might I get
Hard, red and smooth?

Four goals on our compass
High-country north
Jelly-roll south
Bright new west
Homey old east
How bout you meet
Me in St. Louis?

Tiger Woods finally gets his Ph.D.
After finding a cure for cancer
On his trip to Mars
Where he met the holy trinity
You chide Tiger
While I goad him
Let’s wake him up
To all the possibilities

Exercise is good for me
And tiring
The chair looks better
After a few squats
If I sit too long
Squats are harder
Spend your improved health
Doing nothing in particular
Don’t check on yourself
It’s not a matter of move and measure
Move and measure

The pitiful lives of others
Sometimes bring me to tears
Hod carriers in the noonday sun
The perfect wall
Is not walking through that door
Brick-laying enlightenment
May well be sacrificed
On the alter of survival

When they fire you the price
And ask for more bids
Sit on your hands
Keep your head still
Make no commitment
Sometimes the money
Talks and says
I make promises
I don’t keep
But we should all
Be betrayed by
Such sweet nothings

When I judge others
It’s on my terms
Your inspiration
Amuses me
Another’s commitment
My distraction
She is pathetic
He despicable
The other inspiring
This one frightening

When it comes to living
We are all alone
Not the most satisfying conclusion?

Believe me
I know

No comments:

Post a Comment