Saturday, June 26, 2010

Is There a Notary in the House?

Are you going to the summary review?
Oh, but I suspect you are
As it’s not optional
A command performance and all

One where we all judge and are judged
Jesus’ protestations to the contrary
And where the audience of your audience
Observes same of mine

I had a friend who divorced
And for the remainder of her life
Searched without ceasing for a court
To air her damage claims

We need groups to convene in our cases
To read depositions
Perhaps juries of our peers
Assessment panels for our egos

You pay attention to me
Another watches you
A third party reviews her
And so on it goes

I’ll be darned if I can figure
Who will get the last word
Who will be the final arbiter
Have you thought of this?

Who evaluates evaluators?
Signs the final document
Files it and turns out the lights
Is there a notary public in the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment