Saturday, June 26, 2010

Show Me Who I Am

I’m not sure if I’m certain or not
So help me
I will do the same for you
Can you hear me okay?
When I talk is it too loud, too soft or just about right?
Do you discern moodiness with me?
Or would you call me rock steady?
When I am not there and people we both know talk
What do they say about me?
Do you get the sense they love me or is it something else?
Since you are older, what were things like before I arrived?
Are things better now?
Would you say I have made a difference?
When I am gone for good, will everything stop?
Will they still eat in their cars at Sonic?
Will McDonald’s keep selling until the sign says
Number served too great to fathom?
Let me push against you and you push back.
Do you feel that?
What does it feel like to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment